Welcome to the TELSTAR website! TELSTAR is a randomized clinical trial concerning the treatment of electrographic
status epilepticus after cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The trial is initiated by the University of Twente and funded by the Dutch
National Epilepsy Fund (Epilepsiefonds).
This website serves as a resource for investigators and contains the following:
- A quick menu for access to the randomization tool, e-CRF, study protocol and relevant documents (green buttons on the left).
- An abstract of the study protocol, accesible via the menu item abstract.
- Enrolment provides an overview of all procedures between the initiation of continuous EEG and randomization.
- Study procedures provides an overview of all procedures between randomization and the end of study.
- Documents contains relevant study documents and forms, ordered per participating center.
- The menu item contact provides contact details and information about the composition of the TELSTAR study team.
For patients, their relatives, and other interested visitors without a medical background, information is available via the menu item Patient information (in Dutch only).
- 22 January 2018: DSMB advises to continue trial as planned after interim analysis (based on data of first 86 patients).
- 5 January 2018: The 100th patient was included today in Rijnstate hospital!
- 8 December 2017: The Medical Research Ethics Committee has approved the participation of Maastricht UMC+ and Canisius-Wilhelmina Hospital in TELSTAR.